You Dig?

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bikes, Art & Nudity

All around this weekend is the World Naked Bike Ride. I'm inspired because

1) I'm just getting into the bike culture and city rides

2) It must bring a sense of empowerment. You have to admit it must bring a certain amount of empowerment. To be so out of bounds in a society that sets such strict boundaries. To kind of prove to yourself that your body is okay, it is nothing to be ashamed of even if it doesn't fit the popular image of "hot" or "beautiful." Not only is it nothing to be ashamed of, but it's something to be celebrated.

2) The body painting part is a form of expression that I definitely am not very familiar with. It involves making yourself beautiful on a new level. I've never thought about using your body as an actual canvas. How creative. It exposes me and others to yet another form that artistic expression can take.

3) It's a great way to get a message out about a cause (whether its about oil dependancy) or anything else.

It's going on my Things To Do in Life list.

Check out these sites.

Fillipo Ioco
World Bodypainting Festival
Glow in the Dark!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home